Friday, July 12, 2013

Heavy

Last night, I was recounting the day to my husband, Kory.  As with most of us, I think, the Lisa Delpit piece was in the fore front of my thinking.  I didn't go into much detail though; basically I summarized the piece for him, then moved on to the lack of connect-ability with the internet.  I honestly didn't really want to "go there," but of all of the things I talked about, he picked up on that one.

He then told me about an incident with Commissioner Kim Ratliff and a racial statement... Article from Charlotte Observer.

Is this reverse discrimination?  Is this better/worse/different/? What would the reaction be if she was a white man making a statement about black women?

I don't want to create a bunch of hulabaloo...just throwing this thought out there.  As we talked about at the end Wendy's discussion...we can all have our own opinions.

Next post won't be so heavy...

No comments:

Post a Comment