Sunday, July 14, 2013

Softball tweeting

I was bummed that I couldn't go to the writing marathon on Saturday with Writing Project.  Although I am am anti-technology sometimes, it was an asset being able to experience the marathon digitally.  I checked in and participated during my daughter's softball tournament in Concord.  I loved seeing others checking in also from their various locations.  So even though we weren't there physically, we made our presence known.

I'm still new to twitter, so I'm sure I missed some tweets from other people and I struggled a bit trying to get mine out there in the twitter world (oh, and I drained my phone battery by about 11:00am)  Below are two of the writings that I came up with during her games.




Sorry, trying to figure this out. pic.twitter.com/tBx8JUojyf
View image on Twitter

10:50 at the field: pic.twitter.com/lUi0kpSH25
View image on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. I love that you took the writing marathon to the softball tournaments. I used to play softball and totally value your dedication to your daughter. That's so touching! I would have totally valued my mother furthering her writing through my softball experience. It would have worked perfectly! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny--I love the "Music of the Game." I think that it's so cool and I'm sure that it brought all of us back to the days when we were playing team sports and hearing those exact phrases...at least I know it did for me! Just out of curiosity, did you have anybody ask you what you were doing?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kendra, No strangers asked me. One of the mom's who knew I was in the class asked about it while I was writing. I opened up my daybook and started telling her all about the whole experience, then I realized I probably sounded like a total freak, so I just said, It's been great!

    ReplyDelete