Friday, July 19, 2013

The final post (but not really)

The FINAL post.  So daunting on many levels...FINAL seems so definitive.  Isn’t this really just the beginning anyways?  


I have been totally putting this off since I heard Lacy say those words yesterday morning.  I started the post in the afternoon; but deleted 3 different attempts.  Now, here I am at 7:15 this morning, needing to get this done.  As I sat down at the computer with my coffee, I checked my emails, Facebook, checking account, Pinterest, my gmail account, before I finally set my mind to pulling up my google docs to get started.



  There are so many ways I want the FINAL post to go; but I’m just not ready to go there yet...I will eventually.  This morning, I may be taking the easy way out, but I’m simply going to thank each of you for what you’ve added to my SI experience.






Erika...You’re getting married!  Your focus and great ideas that you shared with us, even while your mind was distracted by your wedding!  


Sarah D. … Another person from the “Common”wealth.  Completely enjoyed the skit aspect of your demo!  


Tiffany... Letting me share in all those mind blowing moments that you had.  Listening to you talk about your girls!


Tonya... LOVE your enthusiasm (even though you took my spot in the collaborative story).  You were never afraid to throw it all out there!


Wendy... Your smart-ass-ness made me laugh a lot!  You made things light hearted but thought provoking at the same time.  Your story moved me, you are a strong lady!  When you get that book published, I want to be at the release party!


Robin... Candy!! Yum!!!  Your passion about what you believe in shines through you!


Jessica... Your additions to the discussions at the end of demos or activities always made me think a little bit more (even when I thought I couldn’t think anymore)


Joshanai...My parking lot buddy!  I really enjoyed our end of the day walks...reflecting on our days, but also talking about our kids and husbands!


Ashley...Your quiet and careful ideas during discussions added another layer.  Enjoyed watching as you got ideas to try in your classroom.


Mary Ellen... Missed you this week.  I enjoyed partnering up with you last week and hearing your thoughts.  


Ben … Eaves dropping on your conversations with yourself gave me some new thoughts. Your wit made me smile.


Meredith... (as you read this, you know you sung it).  Writing those opening scenes may have been my absolute favorite activity.  Didn’t want to end (and I almost got angry at you for making it end).


The leaders...


Lil...Always pushing us to the next level of our thinking.  Opening up doors that were already there; but we were too afraid to answer.


Steve... Helping me to be more comfortable and open with the digital world.  Although I was resistant, I’m coming around!  And the way that your brain processes and analyzes so much...reflected in your profound blog posts.


Lacy... Your enthusiasm and love for what you do.  It shines through in the way you present yourself!


Sally... The demos were all fantastic! Enjoyed sitting next to you and delving a little bit into your beautiful soul!


My group...


Kendra... The movies and music that you seamlessly incorporate into your blogs.  Bouncing ideas off of you and sharing some good discussions.


Kim... Connected from the initial first interview!!  Enjoyed hearing your thoughts and how you are going to incorporate this into your classroom. Relaxing and enjoying lunch together!


Sarah S … Prezi gooroo!  Amazed at how you get it all done for all of your classes, yet contribute in such meaningful ways!  


Nick... Ability to make us laugh at just about anything; yet throw out some really deep and thought provoking statements.  Keeping it real!


I could go on and on and how each person’s demo touched me, but the towel on my head is screaming at me to finish getting ready.


2 comments:

  1. Am I allowed to cry? I mean goodness gracious. I love reading your blog posts and this one just makes a few tears come up. I love it, I love it, I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete